[2 more still to add: Secretary’s responsibility to call meetings and clarify regular member attendance at general circle meetings / entitlement to objections.]
Add the definition of the full community meeting
(1) In this constitution:
full community meeting means: like an AGM in other organisations, an annual meeting for all association members.
8 Fees and subscriptions
(1) A member of the association must pay to the association an annual membership fee of
$5 or, if some other amount is determined by the general-circle, that other amount: $1 minimum or a donation to be determined by the member.
Check the necessity of the following paragraphs! (a) & (b)
(a) except as provided by paragraph (b), before the first day of the financial year of the association in each calendar year, or
(b) if the member becomes a member on or after the first day of the financial year of the association in any calendar year—on becoming a member and before the first day of the financial year of the association in each succeeding calendar year.
15 Election of general-circle members
Change from digital dictation to witnessed dictation
(a) must be made in writing, signed by 2 members of the association and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate (which may be endorsed on the form of the nomination), a hand written or witnessed dictation of the role description and
The following changes all relate to the removal of president role
14 Composition and membership of general-circle
President and vice president removed, total general circle number
(1) The general-circle is to consist of:
(a) the office-bearers of the association, and
(b) at least 3 and up to 5 ordinary general-circle members,
each of whom is to be elected at the annual full community meeting of the association under clause 15.
Note. Section 28 of the Act contains further requirements concerning eligibility for membership and composition of the general-circle.
(2) The total number of general-circle members is to be 7.
(3) The office-bearers of the association are as follows:
(a) the treasurer,
(b) the secretary.
(4) A general-circle member may hold up to 2 offices (other than both the offices of president and vice-president).
(5)(4) There is no maximum number of consecutive terms for which a general-circle member may hold office.
(5) Convene general circle meetings
19 Removal of general-circle members
(2) If a member of the general-circle to whom a proposed resolution referred to in subclause (1) relates makes representations in writing to the secretary
or president (not exceeding a reasonable length) and requests that the representations be notified to the members of the association, the secretary or the president may send a copy of the representations to each member of the association or, if the representations are not so sent, the member is entitled to require that the representations be read out at the meeting at which the resolution is considered.
20 general-circle meetings and quorum
(1) The general-circle must meet at least 3 times in each period of 12 months at the place and time that the general-circle may determine.
(2) Additional meetings of the general-circle may be convened by
the president the secretary or by any member of the general-circle.
(3) Oral or written notice of a meeting of the general-circle must be given by the secretary to each member of the general-circle at least 48 hours (or any other period that may be unanimously agreed on by the members of the general-circle) before the time appointed for the holding of the meeting.
(4) Notice of a meeting given under subclause (3) must specify the general nature of the business to be transacted at the meeting and no business other than that business is to be transacted at the meeting, except business which the general-circle members present at the meeting unanimously agree to treat as urgent business.
(5) Any 3 members of the general-circle constitute a quorum for the transaction of the business of a meeting of the general-circle.
(6) No business is to be transacted by the general-circle unless a quorum is present and if, within half an hour of the time appointed for the meeting, a quorum is not present, the meeting is to stand adjourned to the same place and at the same hour of the same day in the following week.
(7) If at the adjourned meeting a quorum is not present within half an hour of the time appointed for the meeting, the meeting is to be dissolved.
(8) At a meeting of the general-circle:
the president or, in the president’s absence, the vice-president is to preside, or (b) if the president and the vice-president are absent or unwilling to act, one of the remaining members of the general-circle chosen by the members present at the meeting is to preside.
30 Presiding member
The president or, in the president’s absence, the vice-president, is to preside as chairperson at each full community meeting of the association (2) If the president and the vice-president are absent or unwilling to act, the members present must elect one of their number to preside as chairperson at the meeting.